Friday, November 12, 2010

MARUBA RESORT JUNGLE SPA- BELIZE IN JULY 1998



For over 30 years I have been watching the daytime soap operas “All My Children” and “One Life to Live”.  Dorian Lord plays the primary villainess on “One Life to Live”.  While watching one day, Dorian had just gotten back from Belize.  She had also brought back her masseuse from Belize.  I thought to myself, where is Belize?  I need to go there because I love massages.  I found out it was in Central America.  Yes, most people would think that would be a long way to go for just a massage, but I now wanted to go to Belize.  So I told Bill we were going…I booked two tickets that summer and off we went to explore what was in Belize. 

Our first few days in Belize, we stayed at the Maruba Resort Spa in the jungles of Belize.  I was about to get my massage.  The room had racked sand floors and beautiful tapestries hung blowing in the winds and music played in the background.  Colorful bottles of natural oils sat on the mahogany cabinets.   I thought to myself, this was paradise.

Then in walked Hosea, he spoke no English.  He had this really large growth of some type on his neck.  I am thinking..I came all this way for this, but Hosea had magic hands.   It was the most unbelievable massage that I had ever had.  I have had many massages in my lifetime and he rates number one. 

Oh, did I mention the scorpion on the floor of our shower in our room.  Oh well, it was just a small one.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment "dear friend"